So you’re thinking about switching to a new DSP. Maybe it’s the lack of transparency or the inability to iterate on your optimization tactics due to the limited amount of log level data you receive. It could even be that you’re fed up paying exponentially larger fees due to the complexity and type of inventory you’re buying.
Let’s face it, nobody likes high switching costs or complex migrations. We also understand you’ve worked for years to perfect your bidding strategies and algorithms and worry that you won’t be able to transfer the investment.
We hear you loud and clear. In response, we built a migration plan to the Beeswax platform which provides you the tools to continue executing on the strategies that make you successful.
Here’s our five step migration process:
Step 1: Set up your Bidder-as-a-Service™ (BaaS):
Our technical sales and client services teams can identify your needs and get you up and running with your customized BaaS instance within 48hrs.
Step 2: Import your current IDs to begin trading
Did you know you can immediately transact media on Beeswax with IDs from certain other DSP’s? This is a great way to get started on your initial setup without worrying about losing momentum while you get up and running.
Step 3: Migrate your optimization tactics
The optimization tactics with your current DSP may be labeled or defined differently, but the Beeswax team is here to help re-define and convert your tactics to a customized BaaS instance on Beeswax.
Here are a few examples from a recent Xander migration to Beeswax:
- Bid Factors or Bid Multipliers are what we at Beeswax call Bid Modifiers. The big difference is that Bid Modifiers are much more flexible to implement, and we can easily transfer one to the other.
- If you’ve used the “Programmable Bidder” like Bonsai, our team can consult with you on translating that logic into our Bid Model capability. And, unlike the Xandr solution, we don’t require you to express your logic in a “tree” form, giving more flexibility and easier processing.
- If you use Xandr pre-auction service to add data to the bid request, Beeswax has a similar service we call the Augmentor. And unlike Xandr, we host ours in AWS to save you money.
Step 4: Transition to a secure and transparent data mindset
Some companies offer minimal log level data and/or a sample of auction logs. However, Beeswax offers bid, win, loss and full auction-level data to help with reporting and optimization. We even provide a simple way to store, combine and augment that data using our newly launched cloud based Antenna™ platform. This helps retain privacy and security while saving our customers a significant amount of money in the process.
- We will even help you transition your current data into the Beeswax format so you don’t lose any previous learnings.
Step 5: Make sure your team is properly trained
Beeswax has a fairly similar setup to several popular DSPs such as Xandr, MediaMath, and The Trade Desk, which should assist your ad ops team in making an easy transition. We also offer in-depth training to make sure everyone is ready to migrate on day one.
- Beeswax also has simplified terminology for campaigns and line-items (as opposed to the reverse!)
- We have a well documented and public API at docs.beeeswax.com to make your developers happy
- Unlike other platforms, you don’t have to wait 24 hours for an audit to complete or pay a fee for each creative.
It’s that easy. And once live, we’re here to help you both define and hone your custom platform to whatever custom KPIs drive your business forward.
Got questions? I’m always available. Just email me and let’s start a conversation